Tuesday 6 August 2019

Quatre-vingt-dix-huit

It was only a couple of days ago I was giving thanks for restless leg syndrome being a distant nightmarish memory...then late yesterday it came back to make sure I was really grateful it had taken such a long time over it! Ych a fi, how horrid it is! I give thanks for eventually sleeping soundly for several hours and also for there not being any need to rush to get up, as the reason I'd been eventually able to drop off was one of those magic pills so I've been in stupor all day... I give thanks being rather dazed and dozy was actually a good state to go to the dentist for a filling, and for, as always, being grateful my current one is such a thoroughly decent chap!

I give thanks for remembering my mp3 player - much needed on the buses, especially the one with the mother who probably thought she was giving helpful advice to her teenage kids but who actually seemed to be subjecting them to a stream of put downs and criticism. I hope she has other endearing qualities I might have missed, and that they have thick skins and people who praise and encourage them, as that kind negativity when you're growing up can stick in your head and be detrimental to your mental health in later life.

I give thanks for Wilko having the cheeriest shop music, cheap water filters and a selection of  affordable goodies to take to the people on the ward I used to be on to say thank you for keeping me alive. For being able to suck a yoghurt topped flapjack with my numb mouth as I was ravenous when I got home...Oh and for the lady on the fruit and veg stall in the market tracking me down to the bus stop to deliver the plums I'd left behind. They are probably the friendliest and most helpful traders I've ever encountered - and this from someone who used to be one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics