Thursday 21 July 2016

Things I like

So long sarong - I give thanks you are nearly a dress! I give thanks I rarely have to go clothes shopping as I'm not programmed to enjoy the process nor having some 'purchaser' decide what I might like to buy... Just needs to be pressed and hemmed, and that will have to include some trim as the fabric wasn't as wide as my (getting more mature now) choice of dress length is long...and the tacking has to come out. Note to self: particularly the tailor tacks - tufts of bright pink thread at the point of a bust dart is an interesting look but not the one I'm going for.

I give thanks for a rare feeling I'd like to look round shops today however, probably because I was going somewhere where I knew there were a few good ones, and I thought I deserved a reward for being good when I could have been bad earlier this week. I give thanks I decided I'd not in all honesty been quite good enough for the £50 bag I took a fancy to though.


I give thanks for lots of other things too numerous to bring to mind let alone to fingertips at this time of night tho...so very quickly off the top of my head before I'm off to bath and bed, I'll just say... a particularly good mood that both Gary and I were in that made it an especially enjoyable trip; the rotary crowd moving their stalls away from where we were sheltering from the breeze and teasing showers and being replaced by a good little band running through half a cover or two to warm up for their set; an astonishingly uncrowded spot to watch the air display in the stunning sweep of the bay, the best Red Arrows heart I've ever seen as the smoke was so red against the grey white cloud and the upper air still; the almost interminable slow crawl up the shuttle bus queue being so jolly and companionable, and the reward of finally arriving back at the car park field just in time for the last sliver of sun disappearing behind trees on the horizon in pretty sunset clouds.  Hey that was a pretty good remember I reckon...'Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics