Saturday 2 July 2016

The hole thing

I give thanks I'm home after a long old day...and for a good (less of the old) friend with whom to spend it.

I give thanks for the rich variety of weather to be appreciated - including searing sun and a downpour that poured down the big golf umbrella Gary was holding over us and made a big puddle on the seat of my chair and the seat of me! I give thanks this made me laugh...

I give thanks for the rich variety of people around. Particularly the couple in matching bright purple sweatshirts who walked by hand in hand...to reveal on the back the both said in large multicoloured writing 'I love...' and then the other person's name. Well I guess it was the person they were holding hands with that the names belonged to anyway. I give thanks this restored my faith that there's someone for everyone...even if your thing is wearing a bright purple sweatshirt declaring your multicoloured love for that someone on its back...

I give thanks for a rich variety of renal sin with one of my biannual sausages, one of my triannual cups of cappuccino and my first doughnuts of the year. For reasons nothing to do with diet sheets it was beginning to feel as if I'd never have a doughnut again...and when we arrived at a stall for refreshments before leaving the site and I saw their prices I was pretty sure today wouldn't be the day I broke my unintentional vow...until I thought to ask, when paying for the drinks, if they were giving any away. And the man said OK and gave me a free bagful! We both gave a lot of thanks for that...and I've now made an intentional vow to be more cheeky more often..

I give thanks the announcer told me that part of the display was splendid, and I was lucky to be there...as I'm sure I was in my own way. I tend to see things a little differently from other people at air shows though so my photo is of chickens in the sky...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics