Sunday 17 July 2016

Shortbread fingers

I give thanks for a lovely walk with Laura...and that Chumba can't run as fast as she used to so that deer in the woods still leap out of the way but presumably less in fear for their lives! For being in the woods...and out again...and that the muddy furrows had baked dry in places so that humans didn't have to paddle like dogs always choose to do...


I give thanks I made a flask of tea, as during the changeable weather in the morning I kept changing my mind about whether a cold drink would be better...but a flask of tea is always good... For shortbread biscuits warmed by the sun so that they seemed almost fresh baked (instead of out of a Tesco packet! I give thanks I live in such a beautiful place, with such a variety of landscapes nearby...every year the trees branches encroach a little further, and the picnic table gets a little more tilted down the hill, but we never tire of this view.

I give thanks for a good old catch up chat, and that two of the mentioned people's ears must have been burning as their fingers wrote me messages to find when I got back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics