Saturday 30 July 2016

Mixed blessings

I feel my blessings have been somewhat mixed today...but hey, isn't that always the way with blessings really? If there's something that pleases you, well you want more...and if not then you want less of it... The best blessing is always not to mind the rise and fall of fortune that befalls you, not to even see it a such. I give thanks I try to aim that way, but until I get there the bonus is you get my blog to read...

It had been physically demanding day yesterday and I gave thanks for the spruceness I had achieved and gratefully flopped on the sofa facing my impeccably tidy 'audio visual' area. It was so tidy I could almost have been happy just sitting looking at that rearranged corner... but after a bit I gave thanks for finding an unwatched (ever) Wallander recorded on my old Freeview player - and after a brief fight with the box which is not keen to take up its post again after a long retirement, watching it!

This morning I gave thanks for deciding the best eyes to view my home in this pleasing to the eye state were estate agents...and for contacting two who speedily contacted me back. I give thanks I'm not naive so as to believe they actually want to sell my property...but I do know they are keen to have properties on their books so plan A was to sit very still until their appointments so as not to make a mess! No, not even moving things around to plug my new TV box in...which I would almost have been grateful not to have arrived!

I give thanks for amending this plan to touch up some of the paintwork in the bathroom that's been a bit patchy for years...and feeling very proud of my endeavours...until they dried and I realised the reason they'd been patchy before is that the the second coat of paint was a slightly lighter colour that the first...and the third is too. I give thanks for deciding another flollop while it dried and a try again tomorrow would be a mighty fine idea...whilst enjoying the new recording of an interesting autobiographical documentary by Keith Richards...until the Freeview box started switching itself off again. I give thanks this was mid watching something as it spurred me on to mess that corner up to set up the new box and carry on.

I give thanks Mrs Co - op has made me a fishcake for tea tonight. For the late sunlight on the leaves on the tree outside...For remembering to write today's post which almost slipped my mind... and that now I have I can get back to the Rolling Stone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics