Saturday 9 July 2016

Scotch mist


I give thanks for the pretty marbled clouds yesterday evening and for a dirty glass last night. Dirty glass? Well for me it was a small alcoholic beverage but so small anyone else would have put it straight in the washing up I'm sure!

The wind had made me restless all day but I'd not got anywhere, so three or four sips of that lush whisky liqueur mellowed me out nicely. I give thanks that plus a bit of virtual banter with Bob, Jan and David meant I was laughing out loud lying the bath and confusing the neighbours I'm sure as well...

I give thanks for smiling in bed too when I realised in retrospect how little pain I've been in the last couple of days. And for very enjoyable dreams -  first of all I was in hospital but my bed was on the edge of sunny veranda with a low white stone wall between it and the sea. A consultant came round with some rather technical literature about kidney transplants he said I ought to read, and I reminded him I'd had cancer so wasn't suitable for a transplant but he said 'Oh, didn't anyone tell you? We've done some extra tests and you'll be fine!' Then in a later lucid bit I was travelling though fantastic scenery that I could change the details of at will...including adding some paint effects to already fascinating buildings, snow capped craggy peaks beyond a lush valley and horns on white horses to make them unicorns. I give thanks for the world inside my head...that the world didn't make me normal!

I give thanks for the blustery, breezy, misty, moisty weather today...for two short shopping trips with a bit of sewing in between, for the first one producing medical news considerably better than expected (though not as good as my dream!) and the second providing things on the list the first one didn't. I give thanks for extra things that weren't on the list as well, like meeting Linda at the bus stop so we could have a long overdue catch up chat on the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics