Thursday 28 July 2016

Free view

I've been a bit of a moody broody cow the last couple of days so I give thanks for being in better humour today. 

I give thanks for messily wandering from project to project and actually getting quite a lot done... including making proper dinner, turning odds and ends of vegetables, stale bread and cheese into a tasty bake; painmakingly going up and down the ladder until a reasonable readjustment of spotlights had been made and the three working bulbs can cover for the one that's broken in the socket, changing bedding, scrubbing the loo, nurturing the house plants and befrilling an underskirt to a dress I'm slowly putting together...

I give thanks for hearing from someone I've been hoping to hear from for a while, and hearing from someone I didn't expect to hear from for a while (but was pleased to anyway)

I give thanks for setting up my old Freeview box so that I can treat my television in my preferred way - as a source of programmes to partake of portion by portion as I choose, not an unturnoffandonable fountain of them

I give thanks for hearing the drumming bands the carnival procession in town this evening, from my open living room window so I don't have to be crushed in the crowd and dismayed by the mayhem.

Oh and I forgot to give thanks for Rachel untangling the solar system earlier this week. Now the universe can carry on unfolding as it should!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics