Wednesday 27 July 2016

Best medicine

I give thanks to David for making me laugh in bed...though I should probably specify he wasn't in the bed or even the building at the time!

I give thanks for getting some sleep in the night and some activity in the day in between seriously debilitating pain which has been building up to quite a crescendo the last few days. I give thanks it's EPO delivery day as though this medicine is for renal anaemia it seems to really ease the joint and muscle aches too. I concede there could be an element of placebo effect now, but I've been on and off various doses and schedules over the last year and it was a while before I noticed the correlation...and since I've discovered that hyperbaric oxygen treatment can be helpful to sufferers of fibromyalgia and EPO boosts red blood cells which carry oxygen I think my clever old body just did the science by itself!

I give thanks for winning a hard nosed but warm hearted 'best offer' barter with an eBay seller for some second hand Youview kit as my Sky subscription has finally expired and, as I couldn't be bothered to set up my ancient Freeview box with my dinner cooling on my plate, I had to watch TV with no pause and fast forward - quelle horreur!!

I give thanks for hobbling down to the bus stop, and after a stop or two to the top deck of the bus where I didn't fight tourists for the front seat for a change, but sat near the empty back so I could hand jive to J J Cale with impunity...and for a bit of psychic shopping which means you consult your inner oracle as to precisely where the item you require may be, so you don't waste chunks of your life boringly trawling round shops. The item I required today was on a market stall I'd never seen before but I somehow knew where it would be and got to it before the trader packed all her goods away, thus getting not only a coveted tangible thing but a delightful sense of cosmic smugness as well.


I give thanks for stop and go very slow traffic on the way back allowing me to take through the bus window pictures of scenes that usually skip by too soon...and a stop off for tea and teacake with Mima to refresh and revive me before the last leg of the journey home.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics