Monday 18 July 2016

Weedy sea dragon

I give thanks for the place I live, as I frequently say, but going out of it a little bit yesterday set me wondering where I could wander to today seeing as the weather was set to be so fair... However, even after twelve hours in bed, most of it asleep, my body was having none of it and wanted just to recount all the bits that hurt and/or weren't working, so I give thanks that I didn't have to!

I give thanks for finally getting up so late that breakfast could be lunch and save one chunk of effort...and for toast with humous and marmalade (on separate slices!) to keep me going for a while. And for eventually going out, because I figured it was a shame to stay indoors on one of those rare UK days when I actually feel comfortably warm, and a day before the full school holidays start so there would be a bit of beach to spare...and putting swimming things on was easier than a full set of clothes...and lying down for an hour or so in the sun was more restful than most things I'd do at home...


I give thanks it was so beautiful and (relatively) peaceful...and for making it back up the hill even though it was even more slowly than I went down... and for it being warm enough to wash off the sand in the 'shower' as mine runs off the water taps and so little power and pressure on a winter's day one side of you could turn to ice be before the other got clean! And I give thanks that Rachel is due here soon, to feed me and treat me and that then, if I feel like I do now, I can just get back into bed and get ready to work out how on earth to get out in the sunshine tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics