Monday 25 July 2016

Single wait female

I give thanks for the pretty skies after sundown last night. We talked about them while we were talking but I forgot to talk about them on here... For Facebook friends and family remembering my broken mobile collection for Kidney Research including a lost tribe of 9 turning up in someone's garage!

I give thanks for unwisely drinking two cups of caffeinated tea with my visitors last night so that I was awake into the early morning. Good thing about being awake is you can't be woken up...plus you can turn on the light to read and eat digestive biscuits in bed...and the good thing about living alone is that there's no one to wake up and wish you wouldn't!

I've had a lot of waiting to do for various things lately. I give thanks for practice in patience...and philosophy...and compassionately imagining oneself in other people's shoes (always tricky as one still tends to think with one's own feet!)...and in stillness of spirit with focus on what is instead of what you're waiting for (which obviously is something that isn't). And for realising just how much practice I do need in all of the above... 

One thing I had to wait for today was to talk to someone about waiting...who referred me to someone else who had no idea how long I would have to wait as I wasn't on any lists for waiting, and wondered if perhaps I'd been forgotten? I give thanks I need no practice in weeping and could shed a few tears of frustration and head shaking despair. Of course I understand there's no point in going into damsel in distress mode if you have to effect your own emotional rescue, but sometimes, just between you and me, nocturnal cookie feasts and witty bravado not withstanding, I wouldn't mind if someone else rode the horse and waved the sword for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics