Monday 30 September 2019

Cincuenta y uno

I give thanks for all the help I've had from friends over this difficult time. My mobility is improving but bending, stretching and lifting any weight still defeats me, so shopping for more than one item at a time in a very small shop is problematic. This morning it was Tani who brought items from one health food shop on her way to work in another. She also tried to get me some bits from the Co-op but they're in the middle of a refit and much stock is missing or hidden away. I give thanks she rang me so I could come up with random alternatives - milk instead of water, peaches instead of kefir. Also for her having similar decorative taste to me so she could exclaim in delight at features in my home that others maybe don't appreciate.

I give thanks for taxis and treatment being on time - that's quite a treat! There was no parking right outside so the driver had to go down the road a bit and I was grateful for remembering just in time that I actually wanted to go to the station so this was fine. Even more fine when the he dropped me right outside the entrance! As the government has decided I'm not disabled any more I give thanks I'm over 60 and can buy a Senior Railcard - the plan being to get the £30 cost back in discounts before they (hopefully) admit I'm not as fit as they're pretending. For getting home before the heaviest rain came down.

I give thanks in less than two weeks' time an engineer will be here to fix my washing machine and keeping on top of laundry becomes less of a worry. He could have been here earlier but cleaning my blood is more important than my clothes... I give thanks I have plenty of those - especially small ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics