Saturday 21 September 2019

Cuarenta y dos

I give thanks for an unhurried Saturday morning after a nightmarish night, to snooze and put back a few zzzs. At one time (7.30am) I was grateful I couldn't even stir myself to get up to answer the entryphone, but now I've a collect at the delivery office card for the joint cream I need to get to get to the delivery office, of course I wish I had done...

Later in the afternoon I was grateful I pressed the button to let Clive in with his tools, and then to carry them upstairs, for the work he did... and the sneak preview of the work he couldn't quite do today. Earlier I'd managed to go to the cafe and barter for a couple of their frozen gluten free brownies and make use of seats on the way to the cash point so I was able to say thank you in the best of ways.

I'm grateful I had plans for many other things I might do, as it shows the spirit is willing...to plan! In reality it's mostly been a rest day though, as naps and relaxing really did seem the most pressing chore apart from cleaning the kitchen sink washing up and cooking. I give thanks for remembering to track down the unusually interesting looking programme on the overhead TV yesterday. There was no sound or subtitles but it was clearly an episode of Digging for Britain I'd not seen before and it was worth finding out what they were talking about. And for finding some stuff to watch later that appeals to me, instead of the more normal mainstream viewers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics