Saturday 28 September 2019

Cuarenta y nueve

I give thanks for feeling normal for a while when I got home yesterday - well normal for me anyway! I had more energy and less pain than I've had for weeks and it was so good to remember what that was like. For cooking up a lovely veg and Quorn curry to celebrate...and for a lovely nap afterwards before back to normal for now.

Today I'd set myself a challenge - to see if I could mobilise as much as the DWP says I can. I give thanks I could, as there was a package of joint and muscle soothing cream waiting at the delivery office. I would like to note however that my attempt failed their 'reliability' criteria quite resoundingly as I couldn't do it as often as required (it's taken a week to try), needed frequent rest stops while taking way more than twice as long as a healthy person in between, and suffered considerable pain and fatigue as a result.

I give thanks my new to me bag from ebay made it into the building without a red card as I wouldn't want to make a habit of the journey - and also that as the seller refused my best offer, and no one else bid for it, it cost less than I was willing to pay! For a couple of bags I already own (plus a coat) getting too close to some paint some time, so the urge to treat myself seemed slightly justified. It's a fab burnt orange colour and will look great with the silk scarf I got in a charity shop last year...and the dress I bought in one last week. All I need now is to go somewhere for pleasure to wear them...


In the meantime I give thanks for the pleasure of doing very little for the rest of the day but rest, and make some gentle inroads into resolving some of the domestic chaos a spell of incapacity creates. For being so greedy with that curry last night simple snacks have been sufficient, and accepting though the pale blue jumper I was wearing now has turmeric coloured splatters where I missed my mouth, with the washing machine out of action it will just have to stay that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics