Saturday 14 September 2019

Treinta y cinco

I give thanks for succumbing to the lure of my only frozen ready meal for supper last night - my appetite is returning but not the back strength to keep on top of food prep and cleaning up. For a late night pace when the pain was getting merciless, watching the big moon lighting up the sea and a giant digger trying to build a wall to hide it!

I give thanks for a better night's sleep in the end than I have had for a while. For waking up comfy...until I moved. For not having to get ready for dialysis so I could just slowly get washed and dressed and fed and so on. For William delivering a bag of shopping, flowers and a card and gift from Liz. How helpful and kind!

I give thanks it's getting a little easier to manage my day to day care, but though I have numerous other pressing matters requiring any spare energy, after more than three largely sunny weeks largely incarcerated I was desperate to eat an ice cream in the sunshine. To have a tree over my head not a ceiling.


For Mima facilitating this later...and also driving me around to break into a some notes as all this paying people back for groceries means I'm flat out of any useful change. For moving around more today than I've done since all this began...and though I'm in more pain in the aftermath than I have been so far, that it's still not as bad as the worst of it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics