Tuesday 3 September 2019

Veinticuatro

I give thanks I'm on a 'ladies' bay'! For the brief peace between the visitors leaving and the long journey into night. Soon there's more than enough information flying around about the personal care of older females, so heaven preserve us from finding out any more than necessary about old men's bits - especially as hearing loss means it all needs to be shouted about! I give thanks the people who need the most help are getting as much as they are, and for the harried staff providing as much as they can.

Oh and we had a nurse with a dress on last night. She had a rather sixties bob too. I said it might perk the male bay up but said she wasn't nursing men!

I give thanks for a visit from Sarah who works in research at the hospital here, and with whom I've become chummy enough for her to seek me out when seeing I wasn't where I should be. I told her the story about the dinosaur doctor who said he had to dumb things down to talk to patients, and she was horrified too! She and the nurse on duty this morning have helped me think of some tart retorts should I see him again...and reminded me to take note of his name which I missed in the horror of his presence before...

I give thanks for feeling a bit emotionally stronger than yesterday for he sure did bring me down. I had to sandwich myself between pillows with earplugs in and tissues over my eyes and to shut out the world around me a little and have a bit of a weep with my face to the wall which was the nearest thing to privacy I could find. I give thanks a kind health care assistant found me at tea time and drew the curtains round me for a hit more. I give thanks Julie is bringing me some treats for tea tonight...woohoo!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics