Sunday 1 September 2019

Veintidos

There's a granny moved into the bed next to me - constant stream of multigenerational visitors to absorb her constant stream of amiable chatter. She's quiet as a mouse with her crosswords when she's on her own, but with company she talks through everything including eating! Would anything stop it I wondered, and not long afterwards I threw up repeatedly on the floor a few feet away and nope, not a syllable was skipped! Nice daughter noticed though and went to get me help as my bell was ringing to no avail.

That was last night when I thought the vegan stew tasted  off from the first mouthful, and clearly my tummy agreed! Felt much better out than in but despite my aiming very tidily the staff were not best pleased that I couldn't wait for them to answer the bell!

I give thanks for feeling considerably brighter today...and for managing a few mouthfuls of yukky cornflakes before being whisked off for an MRI. Also, as you can imagine, that the spinal surgeon said preliminary examinations of results suggests nothing obvious requiring surgery...though they still want to get to the bottom of the mystery infammation/infection to stop it flaring up again.

I give thanks for being increasingly mobile, still zimmering but without the accompanying symphony of squawks and squeals. I can get from seat to frame and vice versa and womble along a short way unaided though I like someone hovering nearby. When the surgeon came to have a chat with me I even managed to just take his hand, stand and walk a few steps with just holding that for balance.

I give thanks for lunch being unusually edible today though that was slightly unfortunate as Mima kindly came on the bus to bring me a tasty selection of preferred fare prepared from leftovers from my fridge. Luckily tea was pretty horrid so I give thanks I'd persuaded the housekeeping staff to save leftovers of my treats to have at a more tummy pleasing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics