Friday 20 September 2019

Cuarenta y uno

Last day of summer I think today...and the strong wind has been busily blowing it away. I give thanks for watching the wavy waves from my window as the tide came in this morning. For the wavy trees beside the road on my way to hospital.

I give thanks for my project for today which is to try to be nicer to people. For the most part they are not deliberately contributing to my problems or hindering the solutions...and if they seem to be unnecessarily adding to the burdens, like the staff on the unit with toe-curlingly patronising patter, or an obsession with small inconsequential rules, it's probably best to try to be compassionate as people with so little empathy and awareness sure do need it!

As it was pretty bad day at the office with patients, staff and machines all falling foul of some jinx, I needed all the patience and understanding I could muster so the above came in very handy. I wasn't immune, so I was very grateful when a major error in setting me up for treatment had been rectified I was told I'd still finish in time for my usual transport pick up. Then someone (see above) they'd just tweak that taxi by ten minutes, which somehow got interpreted as two hours and ten minutes, and as we're not allowed to put in a request for a 'chase' until half an hour after the cab is supposed to arrive, and when a replacement was sent the driver forgot what road to go down to get to the town I live in...I was a generous hour late getting home. My goodness I was grateful I packed a hearty lunch!

I was grateful I managed to brave the by now raging wind and cross the road to the corner shop for a pint of milk - unsteady progress is being made! For deciding to treat myself to a naughty but nice frozen tea...and then realising I had dipped into my hospital purse (along with all other sources of dosh) so many times to pay back folk who have done shopping I didn't have enough dosh. I'm sure I'll feel all the better for doing without - not!

I was most grateful of all for finding out the extremely invasive, inconvenient and unnecessary procedure I was booked in for without any information or consent was an administrative mistake and I'm not! I'd been fretting my socks off over that, and ringing round trying to get answers so I must give thanks at least I am on the ball! Goodness only knows what might have happened otherwise...they might have gone ahead!

I give thanks for Jo managing to get the meds from the pharmacy they omitted to give Jenny earlier in the week and post them through my door. Tomorrow I hope to make it to the cash machine but the chemist is still too far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics