Sunday 22 September 2019

Cuarenta y tres

Wow, I've had more sleep in the last 24 hrs than since I was too ill to notice! I'm very grateful for that. My mental get up and go is virtually non existent right now, and as I'm still not physically capable of much in the way of movement that's fine but it can get a tad monotonous, and slipping into a healing bodily shut down is as good a way to pass the time as any. I give thanks for waking up in the night a few times, but only having to get up to open the window wider, not try to walk away the nasty nocturnal effects of renal failure. And I give thanks for hearing the heavy rain falling too... and for the bright sunshine later in the day.

For Mima bringing me a disparate collection of craved items collected from places over the last few days, and forgetting one so that I had to stir myself and go downstairs to collect it from the roadside after she had collected her car.

I give thanks for all the rugby on TV. Personally I would (literally) far rather watch paint drying, but if it makes anyone as happy as tennis makes me then that's something to be grateful for! For Werner Herzog on Bruce Chatwin on BBC2 instead...images and words, music and memories (for me as well as the narrators)...so moving, beautiful and thought provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics