Wednesday 18 September 2019

Treinta y nueve

I give thanks for falling asleep in the taxi coming home... with the pain keeping me awake for so much of the night, and the nightmare of trying to keep nodding and smiling on a treatment day, I honestly think that was the best bit of the last twenty four hours.

I give thanks for knowing it was warm and sunny again though I was in a shady and very cool part of the unit and spent much of the afternoon shivering despite layers of blankets weighing me down.

For thinking I was on the same surgical songsheet as the people looking after me, and then receiving a letter that confused and worried me way too much. For querying it...and being too tired to care when I got nowhere. I'll put it on the ever growing to do list for tomorrow.

I give thanks I made something for tea ages ago (and froze it) as Rachel is coming later and has offered to help with chores. I do need to sort out some accompaniments though. I give thanks for remembering a small secret stash of nice teabags as there seems to be a pre - Brexit drought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics