Monday 23 February 2015

Mindful less

I give thanks for being publicly grateful sixteen hundred times...both because I've lived so much longer than I thought I was going to when I started the practice and also because I've kept it up so diligently and can experience its cumulative effect. For one thing every moment you're being grateful you're not grumbling or worrying or being otherwise pointlessly engaged...

I give thanks for sleeping quite late and for staying in bed even later, and I'm grateful I had things I had to get out of it for (eventually) as it's been another stiff and sore day and I might have stayed there if not! I give thanks for dodging the worst of the wintry showers when I was out and for the glorious changing light as they passed over. I give thanks for finishing Bob's sweater, for the money for a cab to town to post it and the money to post it too.

I give thanks for a very caring and sharing session of the knitting group with people bringing in things to give one another and to go with our cups of tea. I give thanks I thought to empty some of those yummy gingerbread hearts out of the bag and into my biscuit tin before I took them to contribute...not that I'm mean but it was a big bag and there were still plenty to go round. I give thanks to Jenny for driving me home afterwards.

I give thanks for the caring response to the recent death of this man's horse. His lifestyle is different from so many, even what many might quickly condemn but he has become a treasured local character and it always warms my heart when we can accept and appreciate difference and be mindful of another's worth. 
http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/VIDEO-Renowned-Devon-traveller-cope-winter-months/story-25985605-detail/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics