Saturday 28 February 2015

Market forces

I give thanks that someone with some sort of control over the little cherubs next door finally put a stop to their loud music, screaming and shouting last night...the collective sigh of relief from the surrounding flats was almost as loud! Living somewhere with no sound proofing requires a great deal of consideration for others and I'm grateful how considerate most of my current neighbours are, the only down side being the noisy ones maybe don't realise how much sound carries as the rest of us are so quiet! 

I give thanks our monthly Farmer's Market is back, and that all the aches and pains continuing from earlier in the week plus a sore arm from the jab and the sense of my body processing the chemicals involved meant I felt incapable of going rather than capable but in need of a big push! Sometimes I think it's not a car I need nor even a mobility scooter but some sort of motorised settee...wouldn't that be wonderful eh?

I give thanks that things I have to do that you don't meant that I had to get out of bed and that things that happened during that meant that I had to get out of my pjs and might as well get dressed. I give thanks that humans learnt to harvest wheat so I haven't had to gather anything more arduous than toast and crumpets, though I was also grateful when I hunted in the back of the cupboard and found a can of soup to go with them - out of date but still within the limit with which we happily ate tinned food before date stamping it was thought of. As I'd already started writing this post I was grateful to have a chuckle at the flavour too...


I give thanks for a silent hour to catch up with this week's Fortitude and for grey gloom outside the window so I didn't have to draw the curtains either, which always seems a crime in itself in daytime hours. I give thanks for a good script, a good story and some damn fine acting as well so you can forget that's what you're actually watching...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics