Saturday 14 February 2015

Day on the tiles

Phew, I give thanks for a quiet lie down with a chamomile tea after a busy day appreciating city sights...

I give thanks for many things including birthday messages and cards; having breakfast made me and being driven around; the fascinating back to backs and delicious sweets in the sweet shop there and finding a free table to eat somewhere without an overpriced Valentines's menu...always a rarity and especially when it falls on a Saturday!

I give thanks for a glimpse of the Staffordshire hoard treasures, the glorious flower patterned mosaic floor in the museum and the Burne Jones piano. No, I didn't know he did pianos either and he only designed the pattern for this but one of William Morris's wallpaper ladies did an excellent job of executing it don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics