Monday 9 February 2015

Matting of life and death

I'm grateful for my comfy bed and that for the last couple of nights I've slept quite soundly, cosily and deeply. I (mostly) give thanks for my dreams: last night I'd met an interesting and attractive man and we were getting rather close when I found myself wondering what the catch was...I knew there was a catch and after concentrating hard without waking up I worked out the catch was I was dreaming!

I give thanks for attempting a home cure for ostrich syndrome and spending some time reading posts on a kidney patient forum...and I'm grateful I've decided to go back to beaks and feathers instead...

I'm grateful it's still mostly only fibromyalgia that causes troubling symptoms and for overriding their request for more rest and going out to be beside the beautiful pale blue sea. There was some real warmth in the sun today to soothe both the joints and the cockles...


I'm grateful there was room for my rubbish and recycling in the bins on the way and for putting lots of side waste that wouldn't fit in last time in the newly emptied ones. There was one big black bag too heavy for me too to lift so I was grateful I felt I could approach someone else and ask them to do it...and that they did!

I give thanks for spotting someone shopping in a shop that said 'Shut' and going in and asking if I could too as I was sure it was the shop that would sell me exactly the right size and colour mat to go in a draughty corner of the dining room and seal up the gap between skirting and floor. I'm grateful I was correct about this... and that they agreed to sell it me even though they were indeed closed.

I give thanks for the glow of mimosa blossom in the last rays of the sun before it dipped behind the hill...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics