Tuesday 24 February 2015

Bitter sweet

I'm grateful for a great acupuncture treatment and the treat of my tea made. I'm grateful Rachel gave me a jigsaw I wanted a lot for my birthday and that she was delighted with her gifts too - especially the fibre tips! I'm grateful neither of us has lost our joy in simple playthings.

I give thanks that despite the drippiest droppiest twenty four hours nothing seems to have been irreparably damaged or indelibly stained... well as far as I can tell at this stage anyhow! I give thanks that mostly I've chuckled, though sometimes not straight away...and that some of the mess was actually lickable!

I give thanks that it's been a beautiful day weatherwise and, as I was too tired to go out in it, for the brief blissful moments of peace when dogs and kids in the neighbourhood (also stuck indoors) shut up for a while. There seems to be a lot of tension and fractiousness around at the moment and I'm grateful I know I don't have to let it rub off on me and must keep persevering with dealing more calmly with extraneous noise.

I give thanks that Adam Curtis made the film Bitter Lake and that I finally finished watching it. It seems unlikely  anyone who didn't know you shouldn't believe all the narratives you are told and sold would choose to see it and be converted to a more measured approach, but one can but hope...

I give thanks for finding a company on line that apparently sells a sort of fabric I've been looking for for years. Well, allegedly... I've sent for some samples to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics