Monday 16 February 2015

All hail half term

Heavens I'm grateful I decided to travel on the train where I'd a seat booked instead of one of the others my ticket allowed, as I'd completely forgotten it was the first Monday of half term and the world, his wife, the kids, the dog and granny too would all be on the move...or at a standstill a lot of the time! I'm grateful the refreshment trolley couldn't make it down the aisles as they were too full of passengers and luggage to get to the loos either... I'm grateful for my key for the disabled facilities at stations as I'm not sure I'd have had time to negotiate the queues at the normal ones and still make my connections and I'm grateful that folk were mostly good natured and considerate through it all.

I'm grateful I managed to get through to a friendly and free cab driver and book a lift up the hill as a ferocious hail storm started as soon as I got off the train. The fare wasn't free of course so I was particularly grateful it was a friendly driver who wasn't put out by me realising I didn't have my purse and needed to rummage in my suitcase for the emergency cash stash.
I was grateful to hear that Jan had found my purse and will send it to me so I didn't have to rush about cancelling cards and so on and could have a relax until Rachel came... And I'm grateful that Rachel was able to ring and explain what unexpected minor half term emergencies meant she couldn't come in time for me to rustle up something for a solitary tea, a hot bath and a very early night. At least that's the plan...who knows what might happen next eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics