Friday 13 February 2015

Birmingham Post

Well, here I am in the not quite Great Barrier Reef and I'm grateful for many things. I'm grateful for a smooth though rather squashy train ride and for a downloaded TV programme and headphones to burrow myself in. I'm grateful for the lady next to me saying it wasn't as bad as earlier in the week when there were lots of men in suits with ironing boards everywhere. Yes, I did check and that was definitely what she said and saw!

I'm grateful for a lift to the station from a taxi that got there just in time to walk straight on to the train, and for a lift in a car to save getting a taxi the other end, so that I had leg strength to spare for a walk by the canal before dark. I'm grateful for the light on the converging lines, the crocuses and daffodils sprouting and birds singing in the bare trees...a sliver of country before heading into the city tomorrow.

I'm grateful for having a lovely vegetarian tea cooked for me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics