Sunday 8 February 2015

Warm home discount

I sometimes get phone calls suggesting I night be eligible for a discount on solar panels, cavity wall insulation or a new boiler and I have to explain I live in a flat in a very old house with no central heating so none of those are any use at all. Having found lots of bits of cardboard in the cupboard, I give thanks for trying this behind my electric radiator though, which is! It's not a thing of great beauty but considering fumbly finger work and that I only had the cheapest teariest foil and sellotape to hand it's not too bad...besides, you can move further away from the radiator now so you don't have to look too closely!


I give thanks for creamy cranberry porridge for a late lazing in bed breakfast - very warming too...

Though I've been too stiff and sore to do much more than the above, I'm grateful I've been able to have a tidy up and put the still unsorted things out of sight so things look homely again, and also for a fortuitously peaceful patch this afternoon to watch another episode of Fortitude and catch a snooze or two.

I give thanks for a plane with a pink vapour trail after the sun went down, and for having someone to go 'Oooh look, there's a plane with a pink vapour trail!' to as I happened to be talking to Jenny on the phone at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics