Thursday 5 February 2015

I'll be blowed

If you clap in corners it stirs up stagnant energy, so if you remove everything from a large corner cupboard, remove the cupboard from the corner and clean behind it for the first time in years energy hurtles about like nobody's business. It's energy of the spirit you understand, not necessarily the strength and stamina sort but I give thanks for the buzz, and for trying to pace myself with keeping pace with it. I'm grateful for thinking to stagger to the bus stop when the pain became too strong to carry on because if I'd have stayed inside I'd never have been able to stay still.

My hair's been tied up over and over again since I went to the hairdresser's on Tuesday (and a lot of the time under a hood or hat even indoors) so I was mystified when I went to get it detangled and it tumbled out of the scrunchie in pretty much exactly the same state as it went in in the first place - smooth on top and bouncy waves below - and needing no attention whatsoever so that I had a Fonz moment instead of a fuzzy one! I could never hold a brush and dryer long enough to style it myself, and even if I could I wouldn't do it quite like Maddy did, but I must ask what product she used because hair that stays in shape for more than 48 hours is not something I've encountered before and would like to again! I'm extremely grateful for being able to use the hair washing energy for other things instead...

I give thanks for more friendliness with neighbours and for an absurdly generous offer on at Boots for their Sanctuary Spa products so that I can soak my aches in a long bath later instead of succumbing to more sorting, cleaning, tidying and rearranging...

I give thanks for a pair of swans flying, lambs in the fields and snow on the tops of the moors seen from my seat on the first bus and wisps of starlings flocking together to become a murmuring throng as I waited at the stop for the last. This is the best I could do at capturing it and I bet you're grateful I've told you what it is!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics