Saturday 7 February 2015

Screwed

I give thanks that I don't mind my hair being back to its fully woolly self...after undoing ten small, not at all stiff screws plus screwing three tiny hooks in over the last couple of days (plus all the scrabbling on the floor after each fail!) washing it was effort enough and any 'style' has been created by a hat! 

I'm grateful that my lower half was marginally less painful than my upper upper parts so I was able to get to the recycling bins and the sea. No matter how raw the wind, or sore the body or soul I get this close and let out a sigh of soothedness.


I give thanks for a quiet bit when I got home so that I could watch some Fortitude. I'm saving it for when the noisy folk nearby are out as the chilling atmosphere is somewhat ruined by toddlers, teenagers, and that pesky yapping dog, but I like what I've seen so far and look forward to when I can next catch up. Instead I watched another difficult dating show which featured both a woman with alopecia and unattached folk with bags attached. I'm grateful it reminded me of when I had both, and used to joke with my men friends that if I 'met someone' and felt I could tell them about the wig and they replied along the lines of 'It's what's inside that counts' I could respond 'Well, it's funny you should say that' and reveal that some of the things that normally are inside aren't.

I never met anyone, obviously, but I'm grateful my men friends did and have found the perfect people to snuggle up to on these cold days and nights. I'm kind of grateful I never even got to go on a date as I'd have been sure to drop something you're not supposed to...crockery, cutlery, clangers and so on... but I do miss hanging out with boys! Today I've been grateful no one's even so much as turned my head as my neck if far too stiff for that! And I'm grateful I'm not not loved if you see what I mean ...it's the loneliest thing in the world to be with someone who wishes you weren't or vice versa.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics