Thursday 19 February 2015

Day of the trifles

I give thanks that the ladybird I found in my bed was still alive, not squashed and could crawl away. I have to check nightly as they like to bask on the windows when it's warm but when the sun goes in or down they look for a cosy nook...

I give thanks that the surreal colour scheme as dawn broke this morning was due to an orange and pink sky and a bright lime yellow mimosa tree rather than the rye bread I like going mouldy. It reminded me of this a bit which I was grateful to find too...

http://twistedsifter.com/videos/holton-rower-pour-painting-timelapse/

After a couple of tough days I give thanks for being in a bit less pain so I could catch up with the washing up and other essential chores, and get in and out of the bath without needing to call the fire brigade. I wouldn't mind but that's really not my kind of thing...and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be theirs! I give thanks for weather neither clement nor apocalyptic enough to tempt me outdoors, but being grey and wet and breezy it was just the sort of day I always say is ideal to snuggle on the sofa with a film in the afternoon so I was grateful to do something along those lines. I give thanks for Fortitude, for it's Fargo/Twin Peaks/Nordic Noiriness and for Iceland's icy beauty.

I give thanks for combining the last of the vegan gluten and sugar free chocolate cake and the last of a bag of frozen cherries with a dash of fruit liqueur, some custard and cream to make something almost trifly...and for making this last over twelve hours which for anything almost trifly is a very long time for me. 

I give thanks for Tesco deliveries for a £1 and the Co-op in town regularly giving me spend £5 get £1 off vouchers for the inbetweeny stock ups. Now the consultant has said no reason not I must budget carefully over the next few weeks if I'm to see Slartibartfast's best work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics