Wednesday 25 February 2015

Cake out

I give thanks for the cake fest that was the knitting circle birthday tea to celebrate Biddy being eighty five...to Linda for hosting (hostessing sounds something quite different don't you think?), to Nigel for sandwich making, to Julie, Jenny and the Waitrose bakers for their various delicious contributions and to Jenny again for driving me to and fro. We are a random bunch brought together by a desire to knit in company in that particular place at that time on that day of the week, but we're all very glad we did and that we met each other.

I give thanks I got my creakiness out of bed in time to finish a poppy I'd been struggling to knit in time to give the birthday girl, and that I forgot to photograph it because it wasn't as good as I'd have liked. I give thanks that I managed to make myself reasonably clean and tidy as well and that if anyone noticed I'd left a roller in a wayward curl they were too polite to mention it to my face! My hair's so wayward there cold be a lost tribe in there some days... I give thanks for goody bags to take home and another little belated birthday gift for me.

I give thanks I can read and write. If there's anything we tend to forget we're blessed by it's that. I just watched a programme where a young man had managed to keep the fact he couldn't from his workmates, wife and children for many years, struggling with both the inability and the secret, and it was very moving to see him reveal it and get to learn the skills at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics