Monday 2 February 2015

Past appreciation

The more you practise gratitude the more there is to find. I've been thinking about the things I've been grateful for over the last few days that never made it into my posts...

For finishing the pasta I didn't like and starting a new packet of the one I do!

For the sight from the bus of primroses and crocuses by the side of the road...and for Jo mentioning catkins and reminding me..

For finding the best fudge I've ever tasted...and for it being about as good for you as fudge can be being organic and unrefined in the sugar department

For discovering Sacred Truth face mask is currently unavailable at Lush. This is not in itself something to be grateful  for, of course, but knowing I'm not just being unlucky when I go there and they haven't got any any is!

For managing to remove my pesky inward curling eyelash - a tricky and slightly traumatic manoeuvre that means my eye is irritant free until it grows again

And for remembering that my monthly water payments are only for ten months of the year not twelve!

I've been grateful for things today too of course - not having to get up early for one thing as my joints were very painful and my energy levels low. For Linda making me cups of tea at knitting and for Biddy being well enough to come so she and Dorothy can natter together again. I was very grateful to Julie for offering me a lift home too. It's a shame in the rush to gather my belongings I didn't gather my gloves and the library staff said they weren't there when they looked a little while later. I hope whoever gained a pair was in genuine need...the weather was rather inclement!

Oh, and for just writing the above and hearing from Linda that she has them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics