Thursday 26 February 2015

Bird watching

Some days I'm grateful I have things I have to get up and going for but this morning I was very grateful I did not! I give thanks for a lie in until lunchtime and a very slow afternoon that included a nap, so that finally as the light drained out of the day I felt less drained and pained myself and able to get on with bits and bobs about the place. I give thanks that the day started wet and windy so that it seemed a particularly good plan, and that when the sun came out all the noisy neighbours went out too so it was a fine plan to stay indoors and enjoy the peace and quiet...

I give thanks that a knitting project that a couple of days ago seemed as if it would never come together is now beginning to look rather like what I first imagined, and that another I thought I'd put away as it was all going wrong looks perfectly salvagable to me. I'm grateful things are thus now looking more hopeful for our library decorating in a few weeks now, though it's not really of any great importance I do like to do what I mean to...

I give thanks for looking out of the window and seeing one of the workmen having a break sitting in his car with a cigarette and a newspaper. Knowing him slightly the thought crossed my mind it probably wasn't the Guardian and I was grateful I then chastised myself for making sweeping judgements. Would you be able to tell anyway from this height I wondered, and I looked again and discovered I could indeed tell what paper he was reading and what page he was on too! 

I'm grateful to Sylvie for sharing a link alerting me to Banksy's latest work in Gaza. I'd hoped to find a report from the paper the man was reading to give a more balanced view but they don't seem to have one so Guardian it is then...
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2015/feb/26/banksy-gaza-palestine

and also for this story of a kindness of corvids
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31604026






No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics