Friday 6 September 2019

Veintisiete

I give thanks for being in my bed. Last time I was here it was a place of considerable trauma so I give thanks for it feeling so calm and warm and kind. To Mima for making it with fresh linen which certainly helped with that, and for other light domestic duties to make up for me being so long out of action.

I give thanks for her collecting me from hospital and bringing me and all my baggage back. And, though my legs felt like lead, for making it up the stairs. For feeling confident that gradually my strength will return, though it is going to be quite a long while yet. I'm still in a bit of shock over quite how I ill I was, and give thanks, though it seems ages since I was well, for the fact that actually, medically, this is astonishingly soon to be pottering about in my kitchen getting crumpets and a mug of tea, albeit with lots of wincing and groaning as I do, as my back reminds me to be very gentle.

I said I needed to remember where I was before all this happened, and it was quite strange to see so many tasks abandoned as you might on a Friday night with a weekend ahead to progress. Of course if I know I'm going to be away from home I leave everything so smart and just so, And I give thanks for the timely reminders that we never know... like the poignant pile of 'getting ready for my holiday' stuff as last week I planned to give myself a much needed treat, not get lots of much needed treatment. Ah well, what will be will be, and what won't be won't, and there's nothing we can do about it but to try to live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics