Thursday 5 September 2019

Veintiseis

Oh my goodness that was an unusually pleasant dialysis session I had last night. I had hoped it wouldn't be quite so late in the day, but as it was the unit was almost empty which made it much more restful than a busy ward. I gave great thanks for my Cauldron sausage wholemeal roll with fried onions and chutney brought in by Rachel for my supper, and that as the evening tea round was so minimal Rita made us fresh tea in proper China mugs each (even Rachel!) Oh what a lovely treat! She also also Tangle Teasered the matted knots out of my hair and we enjoyed on of the special talks we do rarely get a chance to have with other people. I give thanks for my sister in spirit!

Though I had a hard night with lots of pain, the uncomfortable bed and the horribly restricted feeling of being on a shared ward in a hospital rather than your own home where you can put the light on or get up and potter instead I was grateful I felt no more than stiff and sore (and somewhat grumpy) in the morning. They seemed a bit short of staff for domestic duties and help with personal care today so most of us were still quite dishevelled when a full team of doctors came to do the rounds...and I was horrified to see it was dinosaur man at the helm! I'd found out who he was and apparently his behaviour earlier this week is the norm but bizarrely he seemed to have had a personality change overnight and was actually quite pleasant. He also had very pleasant news which helped - all the horrifyingly high things in my blood had mysteriously returned to normal, which they would not have expected after such minimal treatment to say nothing of not not finding out what it was. and though there was still an 'area' in my spine it wasn't the kind of area we'd all been worried about!

I give thanks for being given the choice of going home or staying in for further investigation. Obviously I choice the former... But decided to opt for tomorrow after dialysis so I can have a proper weekend at home before coming back for normal treatment. I give thanks for for Jo bringing me tea time treats so I didn't have to eat the normal food. Ooh and I've something lush for breakfast...if I manage not to eat it all for supper instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics