Monday 9 September 2019

Treinta

I give thanks for sleeping a bit more last night, later would have been better still but there were a number of non negotiable processes to be negotiated, with necessary resting in between, before I was ready to be picked up for dialysis today. Unfortunately there was a mix up in reinstating the transport though, and despite being informed that the taxi was just delayed in the torrential rain, it actually wasn't coming at all. I was quite grateful when I found out as I could stop sitting up in the chair poised for departure and go and lie down on the bed for a rest instead!

The other pressing task of the day was to see how to get the temporary free help available to people who come home from hospital and can't manage as advertised on the local county website. Cooking, cleaning, shopping, personal care...you name it and they'll sort you out for up to six weeks they say. First person I spoke to on the number said no such service existed, second person said it had to be arranged via the hospital who had discharged you. Two people at the hospital said they'd get back to me and didn't, third person said ring GP. My mobile kept losing signal so after about eight cut offs I have up but a member of staff lent me the ward phone and I got through and was told the doc would make a referral. He phoned later, the signal kept dropping out but he gave me a number to ring...the one I started out with this morning!

I give thanks for perseverance, for a dark sense of humour. For the bit when you get in your door and don't have to be nice any more. I give thanks though my back is beginning to rage after all it's been through today, my hunger has won and I've managed to put leftovers and bits together to quickly eat before I have to lie down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics