Monday 16 September 2019

Treinta y siete

I give thanks the muscles in my back are getting kinder in the day, but ooh they can be cruel in the night! For somehow getting myself together to go to the hospital today despite being so bleary eyed.

For one of my favourite taxi drivers to take me in for treatment today - the autistic chap who blissfully requires no complicated social niceties from me, and who completely understands that the most horrific thing about dialysis is often the enforced interaction when you really are not in the mood.

For downloading some entertainment as I couldn't get the internet, and a visit from Sarah the research nurse who sometimes pops to see me even if she has no clinical trial business to discuss but just because it's rather nice to chat to each other about this and that

For the driver home accepting with good grace that I'd rather clench my teeth for the discomfort of the journey than make small talk. He said he knew all about bad backs! For a patch of cyclamen in a hedgerow, and one of the day's rare rays of sunshine making a dazzling display of a row of cars at a small roadside dealership.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics