Sunday 15 September 2019

Treinta y seis

Oh what a beautiful day again! I give thanks for all the people having extra fun in the sun. After a bad night, and an incredibly slow moving morning, I was grateful just to be able to finally make it to the chair in the window and watch a few of them...

I give thanks for managing to put a load of washing on myself - big excitement, though I still need help hanging it up afterwards so I was particularly grateful that I timed things so that the cycle ended when Julie was here. And doubly so when we realised the drainage pipe from the machine had been leaking all over the kitchen floor, so she could help me sort that out too! Well, let's be realistic - I had a very minor role in any sorting out there, just providing mopping up cloths and encouragement... I did clear the decks on the big table so she could move my printer from grovel on knees level to make it easier to scan documents, write letters etc about all the matters needing attending to, and managed to make a small start on that. I also made myself a large omelette to last a couple of meals so all in all I've been quite grateful for my bursts of productivity today.

The main reason Julie was here was that she had volunteered to work on some unfinished painting in the hall...where I fatefully gathered materials for the task before going to treatment on the last Friday in August thinking I'd whip it into shape when I got back afterwards! So nice to see some improvements to the home improving again.

I give thanks for having vegan cake to offer her following Mima's visit to Beth's charity Pilates event, and for Jo bringing me back not just a ready meal but a Marks and Spencer's ready meal after a shopping trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics