Wednesday 4 September 2013

Weedy

I was grateful for the sun shining in my eyes before it dipped below the hill while I did the washing up yesterday evening. We haven’t had a full on sunset in the west the last couple of nights but the eastern sky has been pretty in pink over the sea the way it sometimes is. Well not tonight, tonight the weather’s returned to the murkiness of earlier. I've been very grateful for that as if it had been sunny I'd have wanted to fit in over enthusiastic and unrealistic extra activities as well as a trip to the doc's for bloods, to the opticians for specs and the supermarket for food. In fact these tasks seemed a tad unrealistic themselves but it did mean I could rest on the beach in between and admire the greenery. Every cloud eh?


After staggering up from the cab when they were completed I gave great thanks for the little miracle of silence in the locality for a couple of hours…no shouting, no music, no power tools buzzing or dogs barking. At least I think it lasted a couple of hours as I fell fast asleep after twenty happy mins...

Not having a lot of get up and go this week (not even get up off the sofa and go into the kitchen a lot of the time!) I've been grateful for remembering that when you feel in the mood for pointless games on your laptop or phone there are actually some that do have a purpose…but are no less addictive for that. Free rice is an old favourite and I see they have new categories now, but I've also been trying answer4earth where there are a huge range of general knowledge questions. It assumes a US audience so some of them are complete guessing games but that can be fun too.

Oh, and I still like both pairs of new glasses now that I can actually see them. Everyone bespectacled will understand the gratitude there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics