Sunday 29 September 2013

Dashing off

There should be a law against being this tired, or at least there should be limits as to how painful basic and pretty much unavoidable tasks like putting toothpaste on a brush or washing up a cup can be! Times like these I'm extremely grateful I don't have anyone to look after me and wait on me because it would be possible to turn into a right wimp if I did!

I give thanks for an early night, a long lie in and an afternoon nap to follow and not only achieving the aforementioned tasks but the ones that make them necessary too. Actually, as well as the usual culprits, I've also had lower back ache and a sore nose the last couple of days so I've been grateful for the experience of variety in the movements and positions that cause pain. The sore nose is even amusing (kind of) as the Pain Management Clinic had sent me a load of bumpf including a front and back body chart to shade in the areas that hurt and my initial reaction was 'Oh, pretty much everywhere hurts,' but then I told myself off for exaggerating and after a few moments I decided my nose didn't! That was before a tussle of wills between a rain coat hood and a pair of specs and a good lesson in tempting fate...

Nevertheless there's benefit to be gained from a very inactive day. For one thing I came across The Straight Story on TV which I saw when it came out and loved but have never been able to remember the name of it to tell anyone else about. It's a bit like the Fastest Indian only a whole lot slower, a heart warming tale of not letting age and infirmity get you down - much gratitude for that! I've also managed a bit of shopping (via the internet) and sampled the delights of the Farmer's Market (it's a sort of soup). I always give great thanks for a bowl of tomato and basil with grated cheese and chopped raw garlic, rye mix toast and butter on the side - one of my favourite cwch up snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics