Tuesday 17 September 2013

Browned off

It's been a rather frustrated twenty four hours or so as my creative energy has far outstripped the physical sort and I've had to make do with more thinking about making things than I would prefer. I give thanks for coming up with some plans and patterns in my head though, and also some recipes that reached my hands because my tummy insisted! Here we have leek and hazelnut cheesey bake and Earl Grey tea bread. I can vouch for the former being extremely good but I'm trying to leave the bread til tomorrow partly as I think it'll be even better for a rest and partly because I'm still savouring the flavour of that bake! I give thanks I have creative energy. Though I can't imagine what it's like not to be full of inspiration and ideas, frustrating or not I'd rather be than not! Certainly I'm grateful I'm not full of vim and vigour but with no notion what to do...
And I give thanks that I'm (mostly) vegetarian and don't have to plan my menus around munching dead bodies. I've met two in the last couple of weeks (vegetarians not dead bodies) and was very grateful both times for that spark of recognition. You may be surprised to know we think you're the ones that are odd!
I give thanks for discovering the revised form of Google maps is optional and you can, if you choose, go back to the version where you can see the street plan more easily than the restaurant menus. And (balance is important, and don't want you to think I'm always averse to change!) that the new revised Blogger app lets you save half written posts and go back and edit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics