Saturday 21 September 2013

New tricks

On Christmas Day last year Bob and I sat next to each other on the sofa for a while both going 'Oh wow! at random but frequent intervals. This wasn't the result of special effects in a movie or tricks of some fancy device. It was just because we'd given each other coveted books of creative inspiration, and though we are neither of us short on that anyway a bit extra of something you like gift wrapped for you is always good eh?

Today I give thanks for that memory, and for a bit of a play with the patterns from my crochet book (ideas rather than instructions being the preferred for me) and I've adapted a flower pattern and a leaf pattern and made this which will eventually turn into something for a coffee morning or craft stall for one of my favourite local charities. The yarn came from a charity shop so I give thanks for what's going around coming around and around again! And for picking up a few new techniques along the way. I know, who'd have thought it...woof woof!


I'm grateful for a deliciously leisurely start of the weekend feeling earlier on - the result of many comings and goings and goings on in the preceding days and a very late night listening to other people's Friday nights...

For cooking up some of the vegetable hoard for the freezer and then going to wash the pan before heating some soup for my lunch and suddenly realising what a foolish waste of food and my energy and time this was, and simply pouring the soup on top of the remains of the sauce! Do try this at home folks... if the situation's suitable and it doesn't fill you with too much dread doing what your mother would have been shocked by!

I'm grateful the tea I spilt earlier missed my new coaster and landed on the table cloth...well, it'd be a shame if it got dirty, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics