Monday 23 September 2013

Stop watch

'Tis the season when it feels like time to start making some more of those mini stockings for local charities I support to (hopefully) sell.  I give thanks for finding the pattern that I used as inspiration in the first place...and eventually working out what it had evolved into over the weeks I was making them last year. It took me a lot of the available part of today, but that was because I was also watching a thoroughly riveting programme about the history of British knitting and I had to keep stopping knitting to watch the TV or stopping watching TV to knit!

I give thanks to Laura for telling me about this gem as it had eluded my attention in a glance at the schedules. Also for one of those 'I know that place' moments at the end when there was a shot of a lush yarn shop not very far away from here that I've been to and keep meaning to visit again.

I give thanks that the auditions round of X Factor has finished and I can stop watching it! Of course it's not compulsory but I find the early stages compulsive though even the rest of the programme is not to my taste. My favourites singers are always the least commercial (with some other factor rather than X apparently!) and soon culled or reshaped into the predetermined mould, but for the first few weeks there's the possibility of two kinds of very heartwarming viewing experiences. One is when someone apparently extremely unlikely turns out to have a fantastic voice, and the other is the unbridled glee on the faces of family and friends when a successful contestant returns backstage. I give thanks for both of those!

Right, look at the time! I'd best get some tea and get ready for choir practice. I give thanks that that's such an unexpected end to a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics