Sunday 22 September 2013

Tuck stop

It was sunny this morning and I gave thanks for being able to have the windows open wide to let the the bright light and warm air in. I was also grateful when it became murky and grey in the afternoon as I've been very tired and would have felt I was missing a good day to go out otherwise.

I'm grateful my knees have been less painful the last few days, it's easy to take it for granted when I can function more normally from that point of view so I'm making a point of not doing!

I was also rather miserable at the start of the day so gave thanks for a) recognising this was my own fault through faulty thinking and b) not giving myself a hard time about it. Equanimity is to be aimed for and brings its own rewards but a good place to start is with non-attachment to the idea of success in this endeavour! I'm grateful for, as much as fatigue allows, getting on with things instead of wallowing in it and along the way I came upon a simple plan for making a Joe Brown's tunic fit better now that the crinkle fabric has begun to go flatten out. Putting two almost invisible tucks in was so simple that I actually managed to get it done in instalments today, which was particularly pleasing as I already have plenty of projects on the go or waiting in the wings and it was good not to be slumped on the sofa all day with the remote control and a close by packet of biscuits. My hands and wrists also needed a break from knitting and crochet.

That reminds me I give thanks for hearing Bob's been making use of his Christmas book in the last few days. Love a bit of synchronicity! Gratitude too for a cheery letter from Kostas and hearing that Paula I met on my trip has read my blog and enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics