Sunday 8 September 2013

Light bytes

I give thanks for fresh baked French bread for breakfast... For the process of part-baking that makes this so easy at home... and going to France to get it earlier in the year!

I give thanks for getting some little computer jobs done, deleting some files, saving others to a usb drive etc. Easily to put off that kind of thing, isn't it? Good feeling when you do it...

I give thanks for making myself some tasty little pastries for lunch. If you haven't yet discovered the delights of ready made ready rolled puff pastry then get yourself to Tesco right now! They have some that comes on greaseproof paper so you just cut it out and stick it on the baking tray and topping it becomes more like playing than cooking. Actually I used to like making real puff pastry...so I give thanks for the memory of that.

I give thanks for chocolate, it seems to be easier to sit still when you've got chocolate...or is it easier to eat chocolate when you're sitting still? Who knows? But it's all gone now so I'd better get up and do something useful. Throw together some little nut roasts, I'm thinking - one for the freezer and one for my tea! Bit of a theme to today's post it seems...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics