Friday 3 February 2012

By ear

I've had such a lovely rest today! I had to phone the doctor to talk about changing my current medication as I've been in increasing discomfort and so got up and got a cuppa and a snack but after he'd rung back I went to bed. There was lots of to-ing and fro-ing on the stairs and banging about upstairs which might have been repairs or some sort of landlordly invasion (or both) but it made me anxious so I snuggled back into bed and listened to some lovely guided meditations I had from the Penny Brohn Centre on my mp3 player...for a two whole hours! Just what I needed! And when I'd been through all of those and thought I ought to wake up for my pharmaceutical delivery...but the noise was still going on...I caught up with the new series of Coach Trip on my Streak also with headphones, comfy in bed.

It's a good job I stirred myself as I ended up having to phone around to find where the prescription was and found it was still at the surgery in time to orchestrate it hurrying off to the pharmacy and then up here. I give thanks for all the miracles of modern technology that have improved my quality of life today.

I finally got my hands on meds and mail just after 4 pm. There was a letter from the hospital changing the surgeon's appointment from 15th to 22nd. This is fine by me...he's presumably going to tell me if he thinks he will be able to operate and either way that's not something I'm bursting to deal with just now. Things are moving astonishingly swiftly after so many months inactivity and, though I doubt I'll do anything festive for my birthday, I feel not having to get up and go to the hospital next day would be something to celebrate!

I give thanks for the glorious sunshine and an almost mackerel shaped strip of mackerel cloud in the bright blue sky. I give thanks for finally getting a Tesco order together after a few days of feebly trying, for finding a bit of an appetite and the ingredients to make one of my favourite easy meals. I consider myself rather blessed to have such an erratic desire for food as I can indulge myself when I feel like it to build up reserves for when I don't!

5 comments:

  1. Ah Angel, the cat is out of the bag, even I can work that one out without having to use an abacus! Hope whatever/whoever it was upstairs is not a 'bodge it and scarper operative, and the leak is permanently fixed.
    The rest in bed was what you needed today, and I hope the change in medication proves successful.
    Two cats were outside on the summer house roof sunning themselves, and two others were inside behind glass on the cats playstand in the window snoring for England. It truly was a glorious day, when collecting my prescription, I noticed the moon was in the sky just after 12:00midday
    Hope you have a good evenings viewing on the TV, and that you sleep well Angel. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, what a lot of cats in your comment Pat!. I watched Ladies in Lavender for the second time last night. I'm sure you've seen it...and it probably inspired a few cove scourings after stormy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a look on DYAC's website, i've had to save it in my favorates, cos my backsides aching i've sat for that long reading through everything. Thank you for that it's right up my street :))
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bless the day Bob showed it me...likewise, though differently, darkroastedblend.com. Their stunning images and side splitting humour never let me down if I need a lift...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've saved that one too
    I may be gone some time......

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics