Saturday 18 February 2012

Movement

More gratitude for Got to Dance...it's so good we're getting to see more full length auditions this year... It makes for handy sit down size chunks of TV when I need rests in between getting bits of decorating chores done or housework or cooking or whatever...adjustable according to how much rest is required at the time or how much time before I have to get up and do something else again. I also find it quite uplifting...no pun intended!

Particular thanks for the special delight of seeing people in wheelchairs dancing, people with Downs syndrome dancing, anyone past forty, any kind of couples or family members, any kind of traditional dancing, traditional dancing with a modern twist, modern dance to classical music, classical dance to present day tunes, black and asian kids doing ballet, white kids doing street, groups of mixed ages/sizes, boys being graceful and girls being strong. I love it when you see the spirit as well as the moves. It moves me...it makes me laugh and gasp and cry.

I'm very tired today and grateful for any movement over and above that which is essential to sustain life...I've moved diy and decorating items in slight but appropriately useful ways...and food and kitchen utensils so a meal is on its way...just a few more things I'd like to get done and then I am moved to have an early night...lounging on or in my sofa (bed) and moving very little at all...

1 comment:

  1. We should be in charge of tele programming...Got to Dance is one of my favourites also. I have seen a few of the US series and we had an Aussie series too. I have not seen any UK ones, but would really like to. Have a good day, hope you feel like dancin' xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics