Thursday 23 February 2012

Just my luck

Hmmm...yes...it's kind of amusing to think it could take many weeks to get back to my current state of health after my op. Amusing if you could see the state of me today and have a 'sick' sense of humour! Luckily it makes me chuckle...I'm kind of on Tony's 10 minute rule so far...well as long as I can have a couple of minutes' break mid shift (even a typing shift!) Getting washed and dressed is a bridge too far so far but I've 'got up' in as much as I'm 'sitting on the sofa' in my pjs having rearranged the covers rather than 'lying in bed' under them. I'm a bit peckish but only Jaffa cakes within reach and much as I love them I feel something more is required.

So...apart from the opportunity to whinge what am I grateful for...For a bit of an appetite, and for food to eat if I can be bothered to get off my bum! For my Laidback laptop table... which is its name, not me being an old hippy with a dodgy left hand that hits the shift button when it doesn't mean to though all of the above may be true! For the OU Disabled Students Association for providing me with this bit of kit, along with others, to enable me to complete my degree. For the possibility that the pain will go away when the Paracetamol kicks in...Oh wow! that's reminded me of something great...I bought a National Geographic in the hospital shop as I was early for my appointment and didn't want to trust the waiting room offerings to entertain. Is it just me or do those second hand magazines make you feel worse with their 'top tips' for all manner of matters irrelevant to your cancer invaded lifestyle? Well the National Geographic a) fitted into my bag and b) had images of tsunami devastation and Papuan nomads who had pretty much no access to medical care at all unless they walk across forested mountains...and so reminded me to feel incredibly lucky to be sitting in a hospital waiting room waiting to see a surgeon about helping me with my illness and only an hour's journey away from home by public transport. It's that old perspective thing again you know? I was too keyed up to actually read the words of course but I have them yet to come...

Right it's after mid day...which do I choose...a shower or food? I could manage one but not both in one go. I could set up one of those blog polls couldn't I? Anyway, I hope you're all feeling stronger than I today...and if not you are not a Papuan nomad! Warm thoughts to you all unless you're running a fever in which case whhoooo...(that's me blowing on you to cool you down!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics