Tuesday 14 February 2012

Fifty four candles

Happy Birthday to ME! I didn't sleep well, and no, it wasn't the excitement...so am mentally giving myself lots of hugs and encouragement and physically treating myself to tea and a warm almond croissant in bed! Me...what would I do without me, eh? When times are hard I comfort myself, the joys I experience I usually celebrate alone. I have very little concept of life where the m is turned upside down. Many people over the last fifty four years have preferred other people, or themselves, but you know what? As far as there actually is such a separate being, I actually still like me! I may not always like 'being' me...but that is something else entirely and to do with the very long way I still have to go to enlightenment. And yes, I do understand statements like that are one reason people prefer other people...it's also the reason why I don't care that they don't, ha ha!

I give thanks for a hazy, slightly sunny start to the day. For a few electronic hellos and a virtual conversation. For a pretty new mug (shape and colour) I found in a local hardware store yesterday for £1.99. I'd gone in for sand paper and filler and so on and was only looking at kitchen ware while waiting to be served. And for the fact we have two great little non-chain hardware shops in our town centre and a biggish non chain one on the outskirts. And the fact that the one the mug came from is called Fork Handles... with an electrics business on the side called Four Candles... This is the town where there's a shop called Tiggs and a shop called Tibbs just round the corner from each other. I give so much thanks I live here...

1 comment:

  1. Your shops sound delightful Angel, when I first left school I worked 3months in a sub post office but soon got myself a job in a hardware and builders merchants; there nearly 4yrs till I went into nursing. Love the smell of them, nothing quite like a good old fashioned ironmongers. Your Four candles, and Fork handles owners must like the two Ronnies just as much as I do.
    Hope you had a good day Angel, and everything went as planned, and your post arrived untampered, and the mice with buckets are still taking a holiday! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics