Saturday 11 February 2012

Untold stories

Yesterday it was cold and wet, today just bitterly cold. I give thanks for stay at home weather now I want to stay at home just as I had come out to play weather when I was away.

I am very very tired and achey and quite happy to do little more than make cups of tea and slices of toast and continue reading Alan Bennett's absorbing Untold Stories...over 600 pages long and not yet quite half way through! He writes so well though he almost makes me think I should give up... Seeing the remnants of snow on the Dartmoor tors from the bus on Monday I couldn't think how to express what they looked like to share my delight on here...but he describes Yorkshire hill tops in February as 'still veined with snow' and I know that can't be bettered. I'm humbled but grateful for the chance to be too.

I give thanks for tangy marmalade...for tissues and paracetamol...for a snug dressing gown and slipper socks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics